Old 09-07-2009, 04:28 PM  
Tex Gal

iTrader Ratings: 192
iTrader Positive Rating: 100%
Tex Gal is a regular member
Default Re: Tiny super efficient CO2 reactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saulat View Post
I keep having problems with my Co2 bubble rate dropping to nothing, only had it going for a few days. I don't want to set it too high and hurt the fish but setting it around 2-3 bubbles per second and it ends up stopping. I am running it into a aqua tech power head I bought at wal-mart for 20$, not the cheapest solution but it is working decently well. Some of the bigger bubbles go to the top but there are smaller bubbles circulating around my 55 gallon. I actually just bought a 2nd aqua tech today and am thinking about setting it directly above to push the bubbles around even more. I may pick up this mini filter and put it below one or both of these power heads. I may be out of outlets though and no petco near me lol. Still need to pick up a drop checker too.
How can it be dropping to nothing if you are pumping it into the pump? The bubbles have to be going somewhere. Are you saying that it just belches big bubbles and not small ones? Is your pump vertical or at a position that it can't get trapped in the pump? Do you have it feeding into the pump too rapidly for the pump to mix with enough water to spit it out? Do you have a small sponge on the outside to help break the bubbles into even smaller pieces?

Tex Gal is offline   Reply With Quote