Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - Shocked by my plastic marineland heater
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
jestep
Senior Member
 
jestep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 122
iTrader Ratings: 5
iTrader Positive Rating: 100%
jestep is a regular member
Default Re: Shocked by my plastic marineland heater

It's not as epic as those you mentioned (Staff infection from a shell would really suck), but no fun. Forgot how much getting shocked hurts.

Funny thing is the heater may have been shorted for months or even from day 1 which was about 2 years ago. Since I've never grounded myself (thick carpet and usually wearing shoes), I may have been playing with a live tank for while. Switch light fixture to one with a metal case, and bam! Anyway, I would highly recommend testing a tank every 6 months or so. Household electricity (US at least: 120v 60Hz) is about the most dangerous for humans.
jestep is offline   Reply With Quote