Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - Shocked by my plastic marineland heater
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 02:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 488
iTrader Ratings: 0
bartoli is a regular member
Default Re: Shocked by my plastic marineland heater

Originally Posted by jestep View Post
It's connected to a surge protecting power strip. I'm guessing that the resistance of my arm was still high enough that the current wasn't seen as a ground fault. In this case a GFI may not have helped anyway.
Don't kid yourself! Long before triggering the surge protection circuit, a person would have been dead. Surge protector protects equipments while GFCI protects people.
bartoli is offline   Reply With Quote