Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - Darkblade48's 2.5 Red Cherry Shrimp Tank
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Darkblade48

iTrader Ratings: 0
Darkblade48 is a regular member
Default Re: Darkblade48's 2.5 Red Cherry Shrimp Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbarb420 View Post
Hi Darkblade48! WOW the tank was looking amazing before you broke it down! I loved the overgrown look of the fissidens.
Thanks! Personally, I think the Fissidens was way too overgrown. I got lazy and haven't been trimming it for a long time, and some BBA started to build up on it, so blech.

This is a practice run for my Mini-S I'm waiting for a light I purchased to come, and then I can start growing an HC carpet (dry start method) in it. After it has established itself, I will switch over from the 2.5g to the Mini-S....

Perhaps I'll fix up the hardscape in the Mini-S and take a snapshot of that sometime this week

Quote:
Great selection of plants for a nano. This gives me inspiration to get my 2.5 up and running. Been thinkin of it for a while now! I can't wait to see how your new layout looks.
Glad to be of some inspiration! Most of the plants for a nano aquarium are your standard fare (Blyxa, HC, Dwarf Hairgrass, etc). I've been looking for some UG, but it is difficult to find it.

Quote:
I am curious what are you using to diffuse the co2?
It is a glass diffuser with a ceramic disc.
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote