Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - Field trip!!!!!
Thread: Field trip!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 05:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
asukawashere

iTrader Ratings: 56
iTrader Positive Rating: 100%
asukawashere is a regular member
Default Re: Field trip!!!!!

When I say "swap" I mean that it costs me a good chuck of money to ship all these priority boxes back home and, much as I would like to give out free goodies with no strings attached, I'm not independently wealthy. Ergo, I will either exchange my finds for something else of interest to me or ask that anyone who wants some chuck a couple bucks my way to help recoup the shipping cost. Case in point, the box I sent out this morning cost nearly $40 to send out priority... a lot of fish/plants means a lot of shipping. And they don't fit in a flat-rate either. -.-'

But anyway, I'm not sure how much of what I'm bringing back is suitable for your tank, Bruno. The mollies grow to 4-5" and need very warm water (i.e. 80 degrees), the Erios, Lilaeopsis, and Hydrocotyle are all very light-needy plants. The vals would be okay, excepting that the "smaller" specimen I sent back is about 3 feet tall.

I suppose the mosquitofish would be okay, they're just... kinda grey and boring. I can give you some fry when they breed (and they will breed), but their only useful function is to eat mosquitos in stagnant puddles - the ones that I sent back are going to be on skeeter control duty in my outdoor plant tubs.

Anyway, if I see anything that might be suitable, I'll snag it for you. Just don't expect a smorgasbord of suitable plant species.

------

On a more general note, we drove to New Orleans today (ergo I was in the car and not ditch diving). I shipped my mollies home in the morning, too... (along with erios, unidentifiable fish, a val, and some t-shirts as padding)

This city is covered with drunk people, btw. They walk around the streets with cups of beer at 11am in broad daylight... o_O'

Tomorrow we're going to the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas. Seems like a fun place to be.
asukawashere is offline   Reply With Quote