Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - Any aquarium store near Boston?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
K Randall

iTrader Ratings: 3
iTrader Positive Rating: 100%
K Randall is a regular member
Default Re: Any aquarium store near Boston?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrytheplater View Post
How did the meeting go? How many plant clubs are in Massachusetts?
Errr. thanks for the poke.

The meeting went great. We had a bunch of people to my house, some from area aquarium clubs, some sent from local stores. Everyone (I think) enjoyed my tanks, a lot of good conversation and some good snacks. David Lass brought his new LED tube lights (can be used in old fluorescent fixtures with a small amount of retrofitting) to show everyone. We also had a raffle, a bunch of free "goodies" (back issues of TAG and Aquajournal, and some useful info for planted tank keepers) and a plant swap. I think everyone went home with something!

We have informally dubbed the group MAPS (Mass Aquatic Plant Society) and are planning another meeting in March, at David Lass' house in Nahant. For anyone who hasn't been there, David has many beautiful tanks, a fish wholesale business in his basement, and a Koi pond and waterfall INSIDE his house... Oh, and it overlooks the ocean. Quite a spectacular place!

As far as I know, there are no other plant-specific aquarium clubs in MA, although there are several nice general clubs. Anyone interested in being placed on our e-mail list can e-mail me directly at [email protected].
K Randall is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]