Aquatic Plant Forum banner

CO2 regulator question.

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MissileBear 
#1 ·
Hey
I got a fire extinguisher and I went to the market to search for CO2 regulators. I did found a dealer and he said that the CO2 regulators need to be ordered first but they look like this. The pic I am attaching is a O2 regulator. The thing is he doesn't understand what I meant by needle valve (3rd world country). He does say that the regulator comes with a flow meter and flow controlling valve that's rated at 0-60 CFH. Is that good enough for my use?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I would not use it. Those flow regulators are designed for increasing the CO2 in a room or grow chamber, where you are typically aiming to Increase the CO2 by a couple %. The needle valve is designed to supply much smaller quantities of CO2 enrichment (i.e. a couple ppm). Therefore, I don't believe that type of flow controller will be able to regulate the amount of CO2 used in a planted aquarium.

#5 ·
are you sure you can't find any? most needle valve makers are international e.g smc, I'm sure you could find one from some company where you live. needle valve is a general term, we also use metering valve. Look into pneumatic fittings/control systems, they have valves we can use as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.