Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - Stumped on what's going on with this regulator
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
YellowSno

iTrader Ratings: 2
iTrader Positive Rating: 100%
YellowSno is a regular member
Default Stumped on what's going on with this regulator

I have a regulator I haven't used in ages that I dug up thinking it was broken becuase none of the gauges moved and I couldn't get air to come out of the regulator...so I had a local forum member help me test it to see if I was broken or the regulator ... After testing it he said the regulator works but the hp gauge needs to be changed ... So i took this opportunity to take apart the regulator and attempt to change the gauges but even with the new gauge the pressure isn't changing on the hp side but the lp side still works like normal... So I tried to take off all gauges on the hp side and turn on the co2 to see if anything comes out...I hear a spurt of air then something closing that port ... The air is still in there but nothing coming out of that side ... Is the regulator broken??? It still let's out air from the needle valve when I turn the regulator dial a pressure and turn the needle valve to let air out even without a gauge on the hp gauge spot ... I'm totally stumped... Here are 2 pictures where I have the needle valve open and air coming out but nothing out of the hp gauge site...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	480.6 KB
ID:	22266  
YellowSno is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]