Aquatic Plant Forum banner

recommend me a timer?

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  herns 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Go with a digital one, though I have to believe you can find a better price. The nice thing about digital ones is they almost always have a battery backup (replace the battery once / year) so if there is a power outage it remembers your programming.

#3 ·
Me I would go Zoomed I have two. Simple to use just turn the knob to the current time and push down the tabs (each tab is 15 minutes) to turn on and off.
The cons are the numbers and tabs are small have to bust out the glasses I use a letter opener to push down the tabs.

#7 ·
those would work but i have timers for multiple things like lights for different tanks and co2.
they are these ones. They also sell ones with the grounded prong but they're bigger. You could always just buy those non grounded to grounded plug adapters for like pennies and then ground it yourself to the ground or something. Very cheap like 2-3 bucks.
(http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brinks-42-1006-4-Brinks-Polarized-Analog-Outlet-Timer/21909760)

#13 ·
I don't even see 2-3 bucks timers in toronto. >_> am i not looking hard enough. cheapest i found was 6 bucks and buying two of those is like buying the one 8 outlet from walmart. why is everything more expensive in canada? I know we are special but stilllllll lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.