Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Rhode Island

11K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Jane in Upton 
#1 ·
Any Rhode Islanders?

#12 ·
No specific Aquatic Plant club, but do check out TFSRI - we've been getting more and more plant folks, and I was very impressed by the number of plants at the last auction.

There has also been an increase in the number of plant-related lectures, too.

There is another TFSRI auction March 19th. Search TFSRI (Tropical Fish Society of Rhode Island) for more details. Meetings are easy to get to (I'm in MA, but the RI meetings are much easier to get to than the BAS ones for me), and its a low key, friendly group.

-Jane

#14 ·
If you're in RI, you probably know AquaLife Aquarium on Wickendon St. in Providence. George Goulart, who runs AquaLife, is VERY active in the TFSRI.

There are also a couple of excellent killifish breeders, and many shrimp keepers/breeders. I'll be bringing some plants and dwarf crayfish (plant safe) to the Auction March 19th.

Hope to see you there!
-Jane

PS - AquaLife is one of my favorite shops. They usually have a decent selection of plants, and take very good care of their livestock. They're among my few "trusted" retail places.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.