Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - Coralife 2x28 56W for 48" tanks
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 11:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
waterdog

iTrader Ratings: 0
waterdog is a regular member
Default Is This Enough Power

Friday while checking out a new fish shop I ran across a lighting fixture I had never seen before. It was a coralife aqualight, and it said it was designed for freshwater planted tanks-it had 2 bulbs both of which were 28 watts. The unit was for a 48 inch tank and sold for only $54.

I was going to buy it, and figured worst case scenario I could upgrade the bulbs to something stronger. I went home and tried to do some research on it, and have only found it available on one website and the price was about the same.

The only reason I don't own it right now is that the old addage of getting what you pay for kept popping in my head.....50 buck certainly isn't that big a deal, but I could get a lot off other things I need for the amount.

The LFS owner said she sold a ton of them and wondering if anyone else has seen them, used them or had experiences with coralife products as a whole.

I found the link to the product:
http://www.esuweb.com/cardfile.asp?I...lationship=336

I am currently running a power-glo HI intensity 40 watt and was wondering how much benefit this would add to my 75 gallon. The only thing I think I want to add are either some micro sword or dwarf sag

Last edited by waterdog; 03-08-2006 at 11:22 AM..
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]