All tanks have moss in them, different types of moss. All have gravel, most of them heaters and all of them have sponge filters. I do weekly water changes.
I keep snails in all tanks.
SOme problems I have encountered or might encounter:
1. humidity: With so much water evaporating I was having humidity problems in the room. I bought a dehumidifier and problem solved.
2. Water changes: You can imagine that doing water changes takes some time with so many tanks. I only change 20% of the water in each tank. I reconstitute my water from RO water to the desire level and ph by using seachem equilibrium and tap water. It is not very easy, but I have some inverts that need aicid water while others need hard water. To change the water I use a bucket, water pump for a fountain, a python hose. I usually divide the water changes in two days. One for the ones with acidi water and the other for the ones with hard water.
2. Noise: There is some noise out of the pumps and the dehumidifer. It is barely noticeable. I close the study at night. Make sure to buy an air pump that does not make lots of noise. I recommend the Dolphin and it can be found at Kens Fish Home of Quality Fish Food, And Supplies At Excellent Prices.
Where to buy the things:
1. shop lights,plywood,foam,pipe,etc: Home depot, Lowe's
2. filters, pumps, heaters: Kens Fish Home of Quality Fish Food, And Supplies At Excellent Prices.
3. racks: Costco or do a search online for chrome wire racks
During this I found out that a Dremmel is a very good tool to have.
I hope to see people comments and questions. I will also later update the thread or create a separate one with some of the inverts I have in there.