Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Looks like a good start. You must have incredible patience to pick out fertilizer bits from the soil! Great idea to pot the sword since it's so easy for them to take over, I never think of it 'til it's too late. ;) That's a nice stand of Blyxa auberti, mine is more reddish but not quite as tall. I bet you get more color to it once it gets established since it should be getting plenty of light from the window (even if it is just bright indirect light).

It's going to be fun to see how this fills in and matures.

· Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Your tank is filling in nicely and all the plants look healthy. I love that lotus. How big is the India red supposed to get? That's a nice looking plant.

Any further problems with lethargic fish or did the water change cure the problem? On the most recent tank setup I did, I mineralized the soil, sifted it and removed a surprisingly large amount of wood bits. I'm hoping that removing them will help me avoid the problems I had with my shrimp not breeding for months in the previous setup.

· Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I'd be very happy to get a plant like the India red that doesn't try to take over the tank since my largest tank is a 44 pentagon.

I'm glad to hear your fish are still doing well since the water change. Obviously, the water change must have helped remove something that was bothering the fish. I wonder if there either wasn't much of whatever was bothering the fish or if the plants became established and were able to keep the water cleaner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.