1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input, i saw the glo but thats really expensive for one bulb. I only have a 20 gallon but the nova 2x24 is really crappy and i need at least one more bulb. but 4x24 seems like excessive light.

·
Registered
581 Posts
You could always omit a light from the socket to give you the outcome you are looking for.

I agree about the Glo light. I wouldn't waste my money.

Fishneedit as mentioned previously is a good fixture for the cost. You could maybe pick up one of those and adjust as needed

·
Registered
635 Posts
You could always omit a light from the socket to give you the outcome you are looking for.
Not with T5 HO you cannot. At least with my 2x54W Hagen GLO T5 HO fixture. Take one bulb out, the other goes off.

I agree about the Glo light. I wouldn't waste my money.
I agree, the single-bulb ones do seem a bit pricey. Prices have been coming down for them though. I got my single-bulb 54W T5 HO GLO one at a inventory clearance from a place the was going out of business. New for only $60.

Fishneedit as mentioned previously is a good fixture for the cost. You could maybe pick up one of those and adjust as needed
I researched around on the internet on these and found too many people talking about the low quality balasts and workmanship of the fixtures and decided it was not worth it. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Thanks Rich...I didn't know that about having to have all the bulbs in. I guess it's like christmas lights, 1 goes out, they all do. haha.

For the price of fishneedit, you get a pretty decent setup. Granted it may not have the best stuff, but look at what you pay vs other fixtures.

My big complaint, is trying to find some 36" t5ho (12 of them) without spending $200 ughh. Still searching

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
If you are handy get hold of a good retrofit kit and build your own.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts