Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1-G Pico w/LED lighting

I had this glass container in the back of the closet for years after someone gave it to me
as a gift and thought I would put it to use. The wood is a Manzanita burl root and the
plants are Xmas moss & Java Fern. I used oak leaves for the substrate. I also have two
Endler fry along with several livebearer snails. The lighting is 3 LED desk lights from Frys.
The plants & wood were all in a 20 gallon Endler tank that I took down a couple of months
ago. I had been using the LED desk light for lighting the 20 gallon tank for several months
along with indict light from an adjacent window. The plants grow slowly with the LED lighting
with practically no algae growth, which should work well on this tiny tank. Hair algae had been
a problem on the 20 gallon tank when I was running PC lamps, but practically disappeared with
the LED lighting.

-Rick

·
Registered
733 Posts
Excellent work, Alifer. Beautiful tank.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow, i really like that. It looks to me that those LED lights have quite a bit of intensity for that small tank. Awersome work!

Stevie D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
that looks incredibly classy. Well done.
Excellent work, Alifer. Beautiful tank.
Wow, i really like that. It looks to me that those LED lights have quite a bit of intensity for that small tank. Awersome work!
Stevie D
Thanks to everyone that responded. This little tank really happened by accident because when I took down an Endler tank I gave the fish & most of the plants away, but I wanted to save the Manzanita burl root and a bit of the plants, so I placed them in the glass container temporarily for safe keeping. The Endler fry & snails were hitchhikers in the Xmas moss. After surviving in my storage shed for a few weeks with very little attention I started taking a liking to the little tank & cleaned it up, added the oak leaves and brought it inside.

I'm really liking the Oak leaves better than bare bottom or sand for now.

The lights are very similar to these LED Desk Light, which I bought on sale for $5 each . . .

-Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts