Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
I have a pair of the 55W GE 9325K bulbs (which are obviously danged close to 10kK bulbs) in a 4ft strip light. They put out a good white light, and the plants are slurping it up. I changed from 6500K bulbs, and know what you mean about the yellowish cast - though they look nice in my 20gal unplanted tank for the livebearing fishes (Pineapple Swords look good, but the Endler's Livebearers look a bit bland compared to the 9325s). Granted, I also more than doubled the watts per gallon, too, so that has more to do with the plants' happiness than the color, but the plants and fish look great. The Tetras (Black Neons, Lemons, and Glowlights) really pop with the 9325s. The reds of the Alternanthera and Ludwigia are especially nice with the whiter bulbs.

Glen

· Registered
89 Posts
We have the All-Glass 4-foot version of the 9325 setup - two bulbs, 110 watts over a 55 gallon tank. The fishes' colors really pop, the Ludwigia repens and Alternanthera reineckii are both a gorgeous red, the Ceratopteris thalictroides grows a twenty-inch long frond in less than a week. We changed from some 6800K NO bulbs, and haven't looked back. With DIY CO2 and heavy aeration (a bubble wand at the back of the tank) the plants are going nuts. Dosing with PMDD and Excel. The L. repens grows at least two inches a week. We have some dwarf hairgrass (E. parvulus)that was a bit crippled by my original understanding of planting, but it's starting to bush out and fill in, too. In summary, they're danged good bulbs, IME/O.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.