Aquatic Plant Forum banner

10 gal 3 days setup-pic

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  antreasgr 
#1 ·
well actually im looking to some advice and i have some questions....yeah and i have green algae!its been 3 days now.is the layout of the driftwood good???i order anubias petite and giant hairgrass for the background you think its gonna work out??im open to any ideas as this is the start.thanks in advance!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I really like your tank, the driftwood wood is very nice. The anubias will be a nice touch to the driftwood, however IMO I don't think you need a background plant. The driftwood covers enough of the background and G. Hairgrass might take away from looking through the hole in the wood.

#5 ·
thanks.there are 6 pieces of driftwood actually.i want the hairgrass not exactly for background but for the corners i think it will give a nice effect.anybody knows how to get rid of the green algae without destroy the layout???and how long it needs for the hairgrass to cover the foreground???the setup is 10 gal with 65 wpg flourite substrate mix with another plain , a titanium heater , diy co2 mixture with the canister from nutrafin and the ladder and a canister filter.for plants only hairgrass , java moss , 2 anubias and one fern.will add soon petite anubias and giant hairgrass.

#9 ·
well i like that effect too.i use plastic color sheet blue and white and behind i have a regular lighting that came with my 10 gal.i just gave it a try when the plants grow more ill try to get better pics.
-no i they are not pencilfish.sb hear identify them but i cant remember the name..
-the co2 is enough i think...1 bubble every 3 secs i think is enough for ten gallons.i have already put excel but i think the [plants are not enough...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.