Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I got out my ugly lamp which is more for function as opposed to form, I popped in 2 led bulbs 1000 lumens each, is this enough light for a planted aqarium also lit by the sun? How many hours a day do I light it and heres a pic (at night) of the light’s power. I am trying to get the maximum growth out of my plants and I want to make hiding places for fish and fry. My goal is about 1” of growth every few days. Does this look like it could work? I have about 1” gravel and sand mix then 1 inch of dirt then 1 inch of gravel under it

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This week I plan to make a new aquascape which will favor anaerobic conditions less than this does. I might do pure planrs and maybe driftwood.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone have thoughts on this? I rescaped. It has 3000 lumens at 5000 kelvin and sunlight

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plan to experiment, once the tank‘s Plants grow, to do tannins in the water to inhibit algae and bacteria. Any ideas of what other stocking to try besides the psudomugi? I was thinking some shrimps to combat algae. Any fish that can help with algae besides your common oto or other fish? I was considering some kind of gourami or something. Also how do you acclimate snails? I kinda want to add my massive mystery snail to the tank so I can enjoy it more and so I can possib get some kind of loach in my 40 gal. Currently I have 4 psudomugil, (I might get 6 more) a guppy or endler fry 2 corydoryas paleatus fry, a bosemani fry and then some snails.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do I stop a cycle ? I heard Diana talking about having a virgin tank helps grow plants faster

1 - 6 of 6 Posts