Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please do not hesitate to tell the truth. I'm looking for constructive criticism.
Fish: 4 cardinal tetras, 3 pencilfish, 3 corys.
Plants: 2 Amazon Swords, 2 anubis nan, pgymy chain swords, and cabomba.
Right side:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Looks good, however some of the plants look pale and yellowing.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I think it is very important to know what you are aiming for. If you simply want to just grow plants, and do that well, then I think so far so good. If it's aquascaping as an art you are going after then I think experience will teach you alot. I myself only recently have kindda had the 'light-bulb' phenomenon in which my brain just kindda clicked, and I just kindda realized what aquascaping means to me. I know I still got a long way to go, and that's where patience+experience+experiment come in. However, I was very happy I had that light-bulb experience and it had only happened this past few days while designing my new set up. I don't really know how to describe the experience but you kindda just 'know' by heart what it is you want and are after~ I know it sounds all so vague and abstract, but don't give up. I think that's the main point I would like to convey to people, particularly newbies. Don't give up, however tough times you are having with designing something you like. Hang in there, and I promise one day you will really enjoy what you have created. Something Amano had said will always be my motto that keeps me going, especially when I really feel burn-out, and that is he said(I am paraphrasing here) "I've probably failed more times than I've succeeded, particularly in the beginning....."

Paul

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trenac- I plan to get a double strip light soon, hopefully that will fix the problem.

SurWrathful- I will take 1-2 swords out and replace w/ stem plants. BTW does anyone have suggestions for stem plants? I was thinking of stargrass, Rotala and Ludwigia.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Try to use stem plants that have fine leaves; Hemianthus micranthemoides or callitrichoides are both good, Rotala vietnam or wallichii are some good examples.

IMO, the swords you have are just too big for this tank; I think they really look like mine so that's why I am making this comment. If you like swords there are other species that are smaller or can stay smaller.

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts