Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ive got this tank Ive been fiddling around with for about 4 months now. Ive slowly upgraded equipment and now think I have everything I need. Im at a standstill as I have no direction to go to. I kind of threw things together and I'm really not happy with it. Looking for a few suggestions from fellow aquascapers to spur the imagination. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
How about a nice red stem plant in the right rear corner, or some Crypt. wendtii if you don't want to trim. Clean up the hairgrass and group it together and then put another species or two in the places you cleared it from?

I see some algae issues. A fast grwoing stem or some floaters will help out. Your foreground of riccia looks great!

-Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have a bit of diatoms on the sides and back which is probably due to me getting up to speed w/ co2 and ferts, and I just put 2 nerites to work on Saturday. Of the various plants that have come and gone in my tank, riccia is the best growing and looking plant I have had. The hairgrass is just planted and looks pretty bleak, but am seeing green shoots coming up.

I had the wood laying around and tossed that in, not sure if that will stay or not, I guess it is different. IMH(hacker)O it seems like too much riccia.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i like the Riccia, i would move the hairgrass more towards the front and then like said plant some stem plants in the back.

I love my amazon swords and my vals in the background.

matt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Small update as things have grown a bit, and the layout has changed, I was able to sink one of my 'logs' and like that a lot better, I'd like to drop that other one too, but that might be too much, what do you think?

I purchased a few stems of Echinodorus vesuvius and am trying to get that healthy and growing. The riccia I had growing in the foreground was taking over so I have reduced that by quite a bit. I need to trim some off the log so its not completely covered. Some people dont like riccia, but I find it hard to get rid of as it grows the best of anything I have ever tried.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts