Aquatic Plant Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
I was thinking it was one of those things you see at PetsMart in their tanks (no idea what they are...some water conditioner maybe). It does look out of place considering your other hardscape, but if you like it then keep it.

Another thing I forgot to ask: Are you still doing DIY CO2 and do you use any ferts regularly? And what's your total light output?

-Dave

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
lol, no, I don't use petsmart as a guide for anything anymore, they usually steer me wrong :-D

I like it under t he black light i have in the new light hood for night-time, but I do think it looks odd with the other things... *ponders*

I am not doing CO2 at the moment, need to get that started back up, and I am dosing with a pretty general fertilizer mix I got from someone (spaced on the username just now sorry!)
it seems to be doing alright...

I keep forgetting how to calculate total output, which numbers do I use again?

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
I keep forgetting how to calculate total output, which numbers do I use again?
The total of the amount of watts divided by gallons of tank size. Example: I have 2 x 65watt PC on a 55 gallon tank (it's called a 55, but that's not the actual gallons). So, 130 total watts divided by 55 = 2.36 WPG.

-Dave

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
added some new danios (zebrafish) to my tank, and they are all schooling together already!:grouphug:
I was lucky and was able to get a leopard print danio! :whoo: I hope the lot of them breed and the genetic recombination is good enough for more of them the leopard print is most likely recessive genetically :panda:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
After a long and crazy beginning to my summer, (sister's wedding, massive layoffs at work reducing us to the bare minimum) I decided to play with my new camera and macro lens and grab a couple of shots!

I will be posting a larger update with pictures asap, but I need to do a little cleaning before that is possible :)

Cherry Shrimp are doing very well, the second one doesn't have much color, but the first one, boy howdy it is red!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
no joke veloth, and thank you!

Tex Gal - I had no idea that was how you can sex shrimp, granted I never have needed to, but That makes me happy because I think that means I have at least 3 females and 2 males, I am waiting for the riccia to grow in to help protect shrimplets if they breed :-D

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Great looking shrimp ferris! How may do you have altogether?

-Dave

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
well I can count at least 5 at one time. But since they enjoy hiding during the day, I have no real idea of how many there are in total, I want to grab more during the first week of august so I can start creating a colony, now that plants are growing back in (with minimal algae if I might add)

I also want to find some decently priced amano, I have some hair algae that none of the shrimp, cories, or snails are touching

81 - 91 of 91 Posts