Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo...this tank started out as a place to put fish I coiuldn't quite fit into other tanks....but...the mollies and platies eventually moved to the 29gal (killing the bio-type) and the female betta, the neon+glow (survivors of their schools), and 1 ADF got left behind. I want to move these guys to my 29gal and upgrade that tank to a 46gal bowfront and turn this tank into a shrimp tank...So here is what I'm thinking:

Flora:
Flame + Java Moss on Driftwood
Narrow Leafed Java Fern on Driftwood
Blyxa Aubertii in Midground (sorta)
Pink Chain Sword in Foreground
Duckweed + Red Root Floater
Hygro Compacta in Background
Needle Leaved Ludwigia
Ninjas Grass in Midground
Various Crypts in Midground

Fauna:
8 Chili Rasboras
6 Red Cherry Shrimp
6 Yellow Shrimp

Equiptment:
Filter - Aquaclear 20 w/ sponge prefilter
Heater - Stealth 50W
Lid/light - Glass Lid with 20" light w/ 20?W bulb
Co2 - DIY injected by a glass diffuser
Substrate - Florabase

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok...I've also added a few more plants I want to the list: Italian Val and Watersprite. I'll find a way to integrate them into the aquascape.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've moved even more fish over to my 29gal. I now have only two fish left in there that the barbs would have fun ripping apart...so...they are staying for now....it is a CT FM betta and an ADF.

I've positioned the wood like how I like it and the fish+ shrimp will....BUT I cant plant behind it. NO ROOM!! I was thinking about having my itailian val behind that.

For now, The crypts I'll be using are floating at the top (they are small but might grow) I DO have eco-complete in that tank...so I'll plant them temp. I cant WAIT to try out the florabase! I hate how the Eco-Complete gets shoved into the filter when I lightly stir it up by moving a plant. I think this tank will be VERY pretty when I FINALLY get it going good!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My list includes:
new 10gal and paint the back black
Aquaclear 20
New glass thermometer
Stealth 50W heater
glass lid w/ 20" strip light
Florabase
Indian Almond Leaves
11 Chili Rasboras
6 RCS
6 Tangerine Shrimp
6 Yellow Shrimp
Previous plants....but maybe not all and a few different ones....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An update: I FINALLY tore this tank down. I put the female betta and frog into a 1gal for now and drained the 10gal. I pulled out all the river rocks + the driftwood and set them aside, and put all the EC and plants into a 4gal bucket outside.

I still need to wash the tank out and paint it. Then I can put in new substrate (florabase) and new bulbs and thermometer...then I can get it started back up. The project is coming along slowly but surely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts