Aquatic Plant Forum banner
161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
I probably won't tear it down completely, my secret plan is to move the bowl with few plants in it back to the owner's house and keep it running there. I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to catch all shrimps, so some will stay in the tank and maybe survive and breed.. I will keep this thread updated, just not so often :)

I wish I had more place at my home so I could keep this bowl with me..

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
New start..Got bored, saw an opportunity, so here we go again :)

Nothing fancy, just what I found laying around. "Substrate for woody plants" (no idea if such thing exists outside of Europe :)), older sand for playground and cuttings from my other tank which I would throw out otherwise (mainly Hygrophila polysperma + difformis, Bacopa caroliniana, Hydrocotyle leucocephala, Najas guadalupensis and floaters). No artificial light, no heater, no water pump. Bowl is sitting by two big windows in a "winter garden", facing east. It's purely experimental tank now, with plants and couple of hitchhiker snails. If it's going to be a success, I might put few shrimp in there, but no fish as tank is not in my house.

Just few photos right after it has been filled with water:

Side view

Overall view

Tank position

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
I found some testing strips laying around and results are better than expected NO2 0, NO3 ~20. No tests for ammonia though, so no idea about that.

Planting plants in the sand was a real pleasure, they hold in there like there were glued. I'm really curious what will happen with the soil and the sand cap over time.

One quick early morning shot

161 - 167 of 167 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.