Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
as I mentioned earlier I have some pics of a new plated fish tank. This fish tank belongs to one of my friends who asked me to replant his old fish tank. This 112 l tank was planted on Tuesday November 23rd. I used mainly the plants which where used in the old setup.
I used Redbaron's tank as an inspiration. I would be glad to get some more advice. Any comments are welcomed.

See ya Tasman

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
It is a good job, but the problem I think with the tank is: "haven't I seen something exactly like this one before?"

But that is okay if all you want is a nice looking tank. :)

Carlos

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Redbaron's aquarium design has one very important feature in it. Can you spot it? Traversing two rocks are cracks running parallel. As a geologist used to reading the story of rocks and the deformation of rocks, I can say that his design is very credible, natural. The general shape is seen in your design - but the element of nature I just mentioned is elusive. Rock work, be it with pebbles or 'cliffs and crags' is very difficult. That's why so many people use the simpler and easy-to-look natural driftwood.

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I think your tank would look much without the use of so many pebbles. Overall I think that it can turn into a nice triangle layout, especially with the use of the Java fern.

What substrate are you using?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
the layout was my friends decision . We were browsing the site and I showed him a couple layouts. He liked RedBarons's the most. Thats why it turned out that way.

The subtrate is regular sand (2-4mm) with a Dennerle bottum fertilizer.

I hope to have an pic update next week.

Thanks for your advise so far

See ya
Tasman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts