Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Really a beautiful tank :D

Maybe, it would have been better to have a more uniform foreground with only one plant specie in order to better underline the background and give more "depth effect". ( I'm sorry for my poor english language :rolleyes: )

I love the choice of the fishes :eek:

Edit : we can easily feel the "george farmer's touch" in your layout

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, everyone.

This layout evolved gradually over about 6 months - a bit 'random' with no clear end vision. I think is serves well to highlight how simply letting aquascapes mature, given appropriate attention, can give an effective result.

There are two types of Microsorium - the centre is regular pteropus and the others are 'philippine'.

Edit : we can easily feel the "george farmer's touch" in your layout
Thanks, that is an interesting comment. What is my 'touch'? A style or something else? I think this breaks a little from my usual clean-cut style.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Thanks, that is an interesting comment. What is my 'touch'? A style or something else? I think this breaks a little from my usual clean-cut style.
I agree, I really like your distinct aquascaping style as well - very refreshing. The way I see it, is that it's a healthy balance between the rigidity of Nature Aquarium and vigorous, free-flowing plant growth.

Did that even make sense?

·
Registered
29 Posts
A style, I think. The manner you arrange your plantation, the use of the hardscape, the way you take the picture, a lot of little things that make a whole impression of a "signature" in the layout (i hope you understand what i mean :) ). And that is still present even when you change a little your trimming technic.
I can feel it too with the layouts of some of my french friends and with a lot of others aquascapers. ;)

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
There is a resemblance to your 2008 ADA entry "English Summer" I believe, but this one feels much more liberated - probably something to do with the bigger tank. Your use of T5 lighting another familiar touch.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks.

I guess I follow a formula to an extent with some of my recent 'scapes, starting with branchy wood and rocks in a similar form.

My newest (370 litre) is pretty innovative for me, but I'm keeping it under wraps for the ADA contest.

Hopefully I'll rank higher this year.... (English Summer was 898th...)

Thanks, again.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
George I would be thrilled if I had the skills to recreate either one of these aquascapes in my house! Good luck on this year's contest!:cheer2:

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
As always, I love this tank George. Your taste for subtle greenery and well blended textures is right up my alley. Great choice with the P. pentazona, they're gorgeous!

Regards,
Phil

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have never seen pearl gouramis used in an aquascape before, and I must say they blend very well with yours.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts