Aquatic Plant Forum banner
641 - 658 of 658 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #641 ·
So did you start on that bathroom?
YEP! Redoing something in all my bathrooms. Mostly changing counter tops to granite and redoing tile floors. The tile I had before was impossible to get clean. It's like they sealed in the dirt. Unfortunately this tile was in every bathroom, laundry room, AND my kitchen! The worst was taking it out of the kitchen! Dust, DUST, and more D U S T!!! ...even inside my cabinets (which had been draped and taped off)!

Putting in another as a pool bath. Before had to walk though most of the house to get to a bathroom if you were in the pool. Now there will be one right off the patio.

Also put in a laundry sink and more light. So loving how everything is turning out!!!

Master bath is the last thing to start. That will happen when the pool bath is done.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
YEP! Redoing something in all my bathrooms. Mostly changing counter tops to granite and redoing tile floors. The tile I had before was impossible to get clean. It's like they sealed in the dirt. Unfortunately this tile was in every bathroom, laundry room, AND my kitchen! The worst was taking it out of the kitchen! Dust, DUST, and more D U S T!!! ...even inside my cabinets (which had been draped and taped off)!
Putting in another as a pool bath. Before had to walk though most of the house to get to a bathroom if you were in the pool. Now there will be one right off the patio.

Also put in a laundry sink and more light. So loving how everything is turning out!!!

Master bath is the last thing to start. That will happen when the pool bath is done.
I often tell people I get paid to make messes in peoples houses. :D

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #645 ·
This tank is not long for this world. Got it back in good shape. Ready in a few weeks to change over to my new tank! Hit a snag in my remodel so I may have a window to set up my new tank. I'll know hopefully Monday. I'll post some px of this one this weekend. This has been a tank I have really enjoyed. It's a great size and quite showy. Great eye-catching real estate! :D

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #647 · (Edited)
Thanks Tab. This was a big snag! The cabinet maker decided to make my vanity cabinets for the master bath without consulting me on the design! These cabinets would have changed the entire vanity, counter, mirror, light layout of the bathroom. I tried to work with them, but the top drawers were designed too small to even get a pull on them! I felt bullied to take them. I tried for 3 weeks to work with him and finally said that I was done. I have to start over with another cabinet maker. I WILL see a design BEFORE he nails board one together! What a mess! I felt bad for the other guy but it's his own fault. Why should I let him design my master bathroom layout? He'll be long gone and I'll have to use it with sinks, lights and mirrors smushed up against the edges and all this extra room on the other sides- nothing centered! That's just stupid!!!:der: ... and all this after I've spent $thousands to remodel?!!!:mad: So in the meantime, all has come to a screeching halt. I need to meet with a new cabinet maker and design, build and then install. Then I'll have to change the lighting (AGAIN!:mad:), patch and paint (AGAIN!:mad:), and finish the tiling. Remodeling can be challenging!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #648 · (Edited)
Tank recovery mode. The algae is abating. Hoping to do a switch over in a couple of weeks. Hate giving up this size tank. I'm not sure I'd call this a scape. Just stuffing it with plants to get it healthy again. The cabomba frucata is going crazy! The hygro in the middle was a freebee and so pretty. Obviously it's misplaced. I just love the beautiful plants!! :D

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i can make you a set, but i think shiping would be a little pricy.

or you could just fly me out there...

sorry to hear about you having troubles, i know exactly how much fun it is. i always make them give me either a hand drawn or cad lay out with diamentions of every piece, ticks them off, but i've never had a prob when i do that.

·
Premium Member
4,880 Posts
I'm glad I don't have to worry with remodeling anytime soon. If I ever do, I know who I'm calling to get pointers!! ;)

It'll be sad to see this tank come to an end, it's always been a favorite of mine. But, I know your next tank will be just as good, if not better with the extra depth you'll have. Here's to the closing of one chapter, and the beginning of the next... :tea:

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
txredneck(jon) does wood work for a living and is in weatherford.
I bet he could help you out. do you want me to pm his number to you, just tell him joey gave you his number.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
you're welcome......

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #655 ·
Tomorrow this tanks comes down. We are doing it at the August DFWAPC club meeting. I'm upgrading to a smaller rimless starfire glass tank with combo MH and T5HO light. I'll still use ADA Amazonia Aqua Soil. I'll have to cut down on my plants.

We're going to talk about how to keep your fish alive while your tank is cycling. I'll keep them in a separate rubbermaid container. It'll probably take a month to cycle. I hate that part. Here are some parting pxs. There are some plants in bunches that will be given away at the club meeting.

·
Premium Member
4,880 Posts
Today's the BIG DAY!! I'll be hunting for you new tank thread when I get back from Church this morning! heeheehee :rolleyes:

Seriously, are you starting a new thread for the new set-up, or will you continue it this one?

...on pins and needles...

-Dave

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #657 ·
Too funny Dave! I'll have a new thread. I've got a lot of work ahead of me. With the club meeting and the new tank, I've got my work cut out for me. My new light is programable. Hope I'm not a "blinking 12" for long.

Thought we had the plumbing all figured out. Went to put it together last night and the threads seem different after about 3 or 4 turns. We had it all worked out. It's back to Lowes this am for more pieces. Since my tank is drilled it has to be the right pieces. If not this tank may never die!!!!

641 - 658 of 658 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.