Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some help figuring out what to do with my aquarium, any ideas?
I did have some more plants before but they died when i went away on holiday, algae seem to take over, but now its all cleaned up and ready to go. I get my plants from the local pet store, the european pet stores are not like the ones in the u.s i have seen where you buy plants from plastic cups. Here they have a wider selection it seems and much healthier plants, but some of the plants i would like to have don't seem to be available like java moss (they keep telling me that they MAY receive it next week). Does anyone know if i can order plants? Would it be cheaper or more expensive?

As well I am hoping not to spend more than 30 euros / around 40 u.s.d on plants.
also is it better to get smaller versions of the plants and wait till it grows?

substrate - sand
CO2 is included
High light
PH - 6.5-7

Pictures!:

·
Registered
149 Posts
you will have all these people view your post and not reply once. I know, it happens. As for your tank, I like the species you have growing. Once you start to grow them out, you will re-arrange them the way you like. Sometimes people from this forum have plants for sale or trade. Are you going for a dutch planted tank, or the "nature" tank?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome Shadow!

You've stumbled upon the right site. Within the APC forums is a great deal of info. Though all should be taken with a grain of salt. If you are not sure where to find an answer to a question (i.e. substrates), just type the key words into the the "search" feature in the upper right hand corner of any APC page.

There are a few things you might want to look at. Your tank looks great, but could use a few things to get your plants to grow well. As well as picking the right plants for the type of environment you have.

A great place to start is here http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/

You need to figure out what you have, you mentioned your tank is high light. How many watts of light do you have on your tank? Few people IMO run true "High Light" tanks. (Though I'm trying to myself (time & money)). Most medium to high light tanks require a substantial amount of other things to allow the plants to grow. Namely a good substrate, Good supply of Co2, and a strict fertilizer regiment. All things I struggle with on my tanks.

Do you currently have any fish in your tank? Fish waste can be a great natural fertilizer for certain plants.

As far as finding plants, I was / am a big fan of getting a "plant package" from fellow APC members, who buy, sell, and trade in the "For Sale Forum". Someone might be able to give you a heads up as to a good site in your neck of the woods.

Good luck!!!

Todd

·
Registered
212 Posts
I love the plants and substrate! But I must say (if I may) that I would change the background to either no background or a black felt. But then again I tend to lean towards a more natural side of things.
I really think that once your plants grow up you and your tank will be in aquascaping heaven... :)
good luck and welcome to APC!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts