Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you do? I have my 12g nanocube that I retroed a 70w MH in for a reef tank. It crashed a few weeks ago when my AC broke and I've since setup my 40g reef. What would you do with it if it was yours? How would you set it up on the "cheap".

·
Registered
30 Posts
I actually just did this with my 24 gallon nano. I sold my 125 gallon reef tank because work was too crazy. I then set up my 24 nano as a planted tank at work.
I would buy a bag of laterite, swap the light out (either with a lower k lamp or go to pc), and set up a yeast CO2 set up. Then the fun begins...buying the plants and fish.
Scott

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have a 10 gallon with a 100 watt mercury vapor light over, here is a new picture of it since the rescape. It has home brew CO2 and EI dosing. I went with five white cloud mountain minnows, some microsword, some local hairgrass, and I have some blyxa japonica to fill in the back right corner. Substrate is a blasting sand called "Black Beauty" which seems to be identical to Tahitian Moon sand. Hardscape is a piece of local shale and two pieces of garnet-laced Adirondack granite.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have a 10 gallon with a 100 watt mercury vapor light over, here is a new picture of it since the rescape. It has home brew CO2 and EI dosing. I went with five white cloud mountain minnows, some microsword, some local hairgrass, and I have some blyxa japonica to fill in the back right corner. Substrate is a blasting sand called "Black Beauty" which seems to be identical to Tahitian Moon sand. Hardscape is a piece of local shale and two pieces of garnet-laced Adirondack granite.

how old is this tank?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts