Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out of the hobby for close to 3 years due to grad school and finally got round to getting back which I have been wanting to do for some time now.

I wanted to ease myself back and so thought I would go with a 15 gallon Tank.
Here are the specs so far.

Tank - 15 Gallon regular (open top )
Substrate - Eco-complete
Lighting - 24 Watt T5 High output 6700K x 2 with reflector.
CO2 - Pressurized Paintball system with GLA paintball regulator set at 2 BPS.
Filtration - Cobalt EXT Canister with Sponge , Ceramic Rings , Cotton Floss and Activated Charcoal (will be replaced soon by bio balls)

Plants :
Crypts (Undulata and Wendtii), Jungle Vals , Dawrf hairgrass, Micro Swords, Dwarf Baby tears, Hemianthus Umbrosum , Cardamine Lyrata , Bacopa Monieri , Hygophila Pinnatifida

Here are some pics :

Hardscape before Planting

One Day after planting

Another pic

I removed the smaller rock in the right of the scape, once i realized it didnt enhance the scape after planting.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The tank has been cycling for close to a week now and the the water tests indicate that it is almost ready to start stocking. I am thinking of a colony of either Celestial Pearl Danios with Cherry shrimp. But I have never had those guys before. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tank is looking good. Zebra danio was my first fish back when I got into the hobby. I loved watching them zip around the surface and they lived quite a while. I tried some celestial pearl danio last year in a new setup and they didn't last so long for some reason. I just recently got some pearl danio and enjoy watching them school in a 5.5 gallon. They have a nice pink color that is really starting to get vibrant. Danio are great fish. I love their shape.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I added a batch of 5 harlequin rasboras . They look healthy and active and I will watch them and slowly add more.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts