Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Here are my new Nanos 2x2.5 gallons which I set up last week.
My first one is an Iwagumi inspiration, second one I use two driftwoods and some small rocks.
Yesterday after work, I added some live plants to both.

Here are some pics

Front View of my two Nanos:

Another angle of my two nanos:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Very cool! They look almost like two parts of the one painting (or maybe that's what you meant to do?). If I could make a suggestion; how 'bout setting up a third, to make a triptych (sp.?)? You have one with rock (Iwagumi), second has wood, maybe the third could be plant only...?

Just an idea. Nice work!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your appreciation!
They are very new, the first one has been up and running for a week now. For a moment, both are still fishless cycling.

btw, I have another tank but it's 3 gallons with only 9w of light fixture. If I have time, I will probably setup it this weekend. Since I only 9w of light I can't grow much foreground plants. Therefore, I'm thinking to use sand on foreground.

Are those rocks arrangements respect the Iwagumi style?

Very cool! They look almost like two parts of the one painting (or maybe that's what you meant to do?). If I could make a suggestion; how 'bout setting up a third, to make a triptych (sp.?)? You have one with rock (Iwagumi), second has wood, maybe the third could be plant only...?

Just an idea. Nice work!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Are those rocks arrangements respect the Iwagumi style?
Hmmmm...unfortunately, I am not very expert on the exact intricate details of Iwagumi (or anything for that matter!), but it looks pretty spot on from where I'm sitting...:cool:

Maybe someone else here could offer an opinion...?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I dig the Iwagumi more.

I am just curious....why is the substrate hill in the middle?
I think the way the substrate is slanted makes the scapes a little bit too symmetrical.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll try to remove some to left side of front. It might look better.

I dig the Iwagumi more.

I am just curious....why is the substrate hill in the middle?
I think the way the substrate is slanted makes the scapes a little bit too symmetrical.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts