Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Substrate: ADA Malayan Aquasoil

Hardscape: Porous mossy rock from California.

Equipment: CO2 through glass diffuser, Nano Deco Filter, Catalina Aquarium 2x13w PC light.

Plants: Blyxa japonica, HC, Anubias barteri var. 'nana', Java Fern Trident, Java Fern Narrow Leaf

Here's a picture of my latest 2.5G aquascape. This scape has gone through several iterations, which I've tracked on my aquarium blog here:

http://www.guitarfish.org/category/tank-logs/25g-tank-log

Comments/critiques welcome!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm not sure why the HC isn't laying down a little bit more. This is the first time I've actually grown HC. Perhaps the 2x13W isn't enough? Or, maybe it's undernourished?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could probably do a better job of dosing consistently, for sure. The light is on legs, but otherwise, no more than 3-4 inches over the water surface. hooha, if you do it, you won't regret it. Just make sure you've got a good group of people together to 1) break up the rock, and 2) take some of it off your hands because you have to order a pallet (2000-2500 lbs). ;-)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
N4505, that a possibility, although I do have CO2 going in this tank. I'll up the bubble rate to see if that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts