Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After introducing myself in the welcome forum I promised to make some pics of my tank as it is now. So I just took the camera to make these:

It is a 200G (80 x 24 x 24 inches) tank with 4 rows of 2 x 39watts T5 Osrams controlled by electronic dimmer.
Filtration is done by 1 Eheim 2180 Pro III with included heating (Biological) and 1 Eheim 2017 mechanical filter.
PH controlled CO2, Fertilisation EasyLife Profito, EasyLife Ferro and additional KNO3 and KH2PO4.
Just plain fine swimming pool filtersand as substrate.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Those tetra's you got there are amazing, a friend has em was also mentioning that are rare now because of extinction of that species. Hence no more distribution of that species, i think it originates from india if iam not mistaken.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually they are Puntius Denisonii (Red line torpedo barb) and yes, they are amazing. It's a very lively and intelligent fish.
I also saw the article about their thread of extinction. I already have them for a year.
Unfortunately there are only rare reports of breeding these fish in captivity but my local fish store had a whole bunch of "captively" bred ones and they do seem to breed them now in Asia.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Forced tank replacement........

Ok, I had a sort of setback: the tank started leaking! On the back the seal on the right side started to come apart.
Anyway, to make a long story short: I had to place a new tank. So my summer vacation was well spent moving out all plants and fish and to make a bad story good I could make a complete new scape.

Here's some pictures of the new layout. Mind you, the tank was re-started only 4 weeks ago and especially the HC and the Pogostemon Helferi need some more time to get established properly.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How do you keep your aromatica always red? Mine turn to yellowish. Thanks
Lots of light and fertilizer.......;)

Anyway, just to show you a bit of what I've been doing in my summer holiday:

Here's the old tank, I put a clamp on it to stabilize the leak:

Then I got one of those IBC containers and cut the top off as temporary solution:

Getting the plants over (Here the Blyxa Japonica)....

And before you know it the "outside pond" is filling up.....

Filters, heater etc. connected......

And after a lot of blood, sweat & tears: Tank finally empty!

I am surprised at how well the plants (and fish) are doing outside:

Aromatica's:

Blyxa's:

Mayaca fluviatilis:

Ludwigia arcuata:

AND.....after two weeks the new tank arrives! \\:D/

Made a few improvements on the new tank:

And first test filling.........

Hardscape setup:

And the result so far: (4 weeks now)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.