Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After introducing myself in the welcome forum I promised to make some pics of my tank as it is now. So I just took the camera to make these:

It is a 200G (80 x 24 x 24 inches) tank with 4 rows of 2 x 39watts T5 Osrams controlled by electronic dimmer.
Filtration is done by 1 Eheim 2180 Pro III with included heating (Biological) and 1 Eheim 2017 mechanical filter.
PH controlled CO2, Fertilisation EasyLife Profito, EasyLife Ferro and additional KNO3 and KH2PO4.
Just plain fine swimming pool filtersand as substrate.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Very nice. The big moss log kinda thows if off on the right though. Plants are beautiful!

What's the red plant in right midground? Some type of ludwigia but I can't tell which...

·
Registered
56 Posts
You have a beautiful layout! Your plants look so lush and healthy. I like your school of Panda Corys!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kelmas: Yes, I do get cloudy water from the ferro (it's green stuff). But it doesn't last long. I usually put it in in the evening so in the morning the tank is crystal clear again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Those tetra's you got there are amazing, a friend has em was also mentioning that are rare now because of extinction of that species. Hence no more distribution of that species, i think it originates from india if iam not mistaken.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually they are Puntius Denisonii (Red line torpedo barb) and yes, they are amazing. It's a very lively and intelligent fish.
I also saw the article about their thread of extinction. I already have them for a year.
Unfortunately there are only rare reports of breeding these fish in captivity but my local fish store had a whole bunch of "captively" bred ones and they do seem to breed them now in Asia.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Forced tank replacement........

Ok, I had a sort of setback: the tank started leaking! On the back the seal on the right side started to come apart.
Anyway, to make a long story short: I had to place a new tank. So my summer vacation was well spent moving out all plants and fish and to make a bad story good I could make a complete new scape.

Here's some pictures of the new layout. Mind you, the tank was re-started only 4 weeks ago and especially the HC and the Pogostemon Helferi need some more time to get established properly.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How do you keep your aromatica always red? Mine turn to yellowish. Thanks
Lots of light and fertilizer.......;)

Anyway, just to show you a bit of what I've been doing in my summer holiday:

Here's the old tank, I put a clamp on it to stabilize the leak:

Then I got one of those IBC containers and cut the top off as temporary solution:

Getting the plants over (Here the Blyxa Japonica)....

And before you know it the "outside pond" is filling up.....

Filters, heater etc. connected......

And after a lot of blood, sweat & tears: Tank finally empty!

I am surprised at how well the plants (and fish) are doing outside:

Aromatica's:

Blyxa's:

Mayaca fluviatilis:

Ludwigia arcuata:

AND.....after two weeks the new tank arrives! \\:D/

Made a few improvements on the new tank:

And first test filling.........

Hardscape setup:

And the result so far: (4 weeks now)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts