Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies

The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies' 36th Annual Tropical Fish Convention will be held March 25-27, 2011 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cromwell, CT. Make plans today to attend! www.northeastcouncil.org. Click on the convention link.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
I kinda want to look into the cost of a vendor table, see if it might be worth the effort to journey on up there and try to sell plants/snails/whatever.
Still, the convention sounds fun, so table or not, I'm guessing I'll be there :D

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Exactly! I think it will be worth it. I went to one of those meetings in previous years and those fish people were buying small bags of plants like mad. I saw a bag of U. gibba going for 18 dollars :O

With prices like those we could make an absolute killing!

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
....okay, I could see a bag of U. graminifolia going for $18, but U. gibba? Really?

I should probably step up my production of potted plants if that's the case. After all, plants are apparently worth 2-3 times as much after you stick them in a pot o_O'

On the other hand, I'd feel guilty if I tried to gouge prices... so I'll just have to make a killing undercutting the prices of any other plant seller, lol! :p

Still, maybe we could do a group-sponsored table or something... everybody chips in a part of the cost of the table and has the right to sell their own plants, and we put a bunch of flyers/club business cards/whatever out for people to browse thru... recruiting and turning a profit at the same time :mrgreen:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts