Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do a High tech, pressurized 29 gallon set up and I was recommended to try the Aquatic life T5HO 2x24watt unit by a reputable source. Heres a link
http://www.bigalsonline.com/Dual-Lamp-T5HO-Light-Fixtures.html?green=24373091602&tc=default

It does have individual reflectors, but I am just a little skeptical because it is only like 1.7 wpg. I know the wpg rule breaks down with T5HO's but I just don't know. I was going to do an AH supply 2x55 watt bright kit, but I don't like the looks of the DIY hood, and I think it might be too much light, even with pressurized Co2.

what do you all think? I want to be able to grow almost anything, will a 2x24 T5HO be too little light?

Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hes talking about 2 separate 2x24 watt fixtures, which would be 96 watts total. But I'm afraid that may be too much. should I get one high quality 2x24 watt T5 with individual reflectors for the bulbs.

or get 2 separate fixtures (2x Current USA Nova) 2x24 watt T5 fixtures with a single reflector for both bulbs for a total of 96watts. these would be less efficient bc of the single reflector, but more total watts, (see what I did there? haha). I want to grow everything (Glosso, HC, Microswords ect.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts