Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to grow some blyxa japonica, but it is just melting away. I have eco complete in a 29g with 110w ah supply, eheim 2217, 30ppm co2 pressurized, and EI dosing. Most all of my other plants are taking off like crazy, but the blyxa hasn't. I also have some ludwigia brevipes that doesn't seem to be growing much for some reason. The paramaters are KH:3 GH:5 PH:7 NO3:10 PO4:1.5

Now the question is should I just leave it in there until it's completely gone or should I just replace it with something else? I'm not sure what I should replace it with either. Also feel free to comment on the other parts of the tank. I'm trying to change it up a little maybe. Here's some pics of the tank.

FTS:

Here's what the blyxa and ludwigia look like. Blyxa in the front, ludwigia in the back

The left side is doing pretty well lol

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
The left side of your tank looks great! I don't know what to tell you about the Blyxa, it achieved weed status in my tank and I'm not certain why since I have no fert dosing and moderate light and I didn't really expect it to do well. I hope someone else can give you some help, I just wanted to let you know I'm impressed by what you've done on the left side of the tank. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the compliments :) I'm kind of thinking about maybe getting some HC or something and taking the blyxa out. I would probably reshape the right side a little and maybe add some rocks. I would keep the dwarf sag just on the left. Does that sound like a decent idea?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts