Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys! Just want to share with friendly guys from APC on my 2 month setup 60X40X40 Opti-white tank. Some of the piping and leads on the rock i'm too lazy to be remove. The dwarf riccia pebble on the left will be remove also. The tank is still under going scaping. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
Thanks for sharing it with us. It's a gorgeous little tank. Can I ask why you plan to remove the dwarf Riccia on the left? I think it balances out the dwark Riccia on the right side.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Beautiful tank. I agree with Aaron on why you'd want to remove the Riccia on the left side?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guy! Those dwarf riccia was not meant for this setup. Intend to let some of the moss and Jap hairgrass to grow out abit to make it more natural. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some of my fauna pictures!

Sakura shrimp

Yamato shrimp

And my 15 mins vivarium while doing water changing :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Blue this tank is Awesome!!! It looks very balanced and has a nice flow to it. More pictures of the tank Please!:D:cool:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Awesome tank. Are you just using natural light for it?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Are using injected co2?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Current Plant lists(some of the plants has being removed):
Cryptocoryne spec. legroi
Hemianthus Micranthemoides
Ludwigia Arcuata
Ludwigia Brevipes
Pogostemon Stellatus
Riccia sp. 'Dwarf'
Rotala Rotundifolia
Rotala sp. 'Nanjenshan'
Rotala Macrandra
Echinodorus Tenellus
Eleocharis sp. (Japan Hairgrass)
Cryptocoryne parva
Anubias barteri var nana 'Petite'
Microsorum pteropus "needle leaves" (Narrow Leaf Java Fern)
Blyxa Japonica
Myriophyllum Mattogrossense (just added)
Mini Chrismas Moss(on the rocks) - looks similar to Taiwan moss but much nicer
Peacock/Spiky Moss(on the woods)
US Fissiden

Fauna lists:
28 Cardinal Tetra
3 Fucata Rainbow
3 Oto's
4 Trigonostigma espei
1 Trigonostigma heteromorpha
Around 15 Amano Shrimp
10+++ Sakura Shrimp (reproducing fast)
3-4 Malayan Shrimp

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually this is my first hardscape and also my 2nd tank in planted. My first tank was basically a test bed on planting which i've posted here before. I started this hobby only in Feb2008, still a newbie.
Still alot to learn from you guys.

My first tank, no hardscape, looks like forest.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Specs:
Tanks size - 60X40X40cm Opti-white (8mm)
Lighting - (4X24 watts T5) - on 2 hrs morning for feeding purpose, 7hrs straight in the evening
Filter - Ehiem 2026 using rainbar and surface skimmer
PC fan on 24hr, Singapore is too warm here, usual temp is 30degree Celsius, with fan on is around 27-28
5Kg Canister CO2, 3-4bps
External CO2 reactor connected to Eheim 2026, DIY type(those filter canister)
EI methods(ferts) - dont really have a fix amount as it really depends on the plants need, same for trace
Additional ferts: Seachem iron/Ferroplant chelated iron, potassium sulphate, Dr Mallicks Aqua
Water change - Weekly 50%

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Blue33

Congratulations on the beautiful tank:D

How do you grow beautiful moss at 28C water temp?I was always told that moss grows in colder waters.

My tank temp is around 28 ,can you suggest me some moss which will grow at this temp and may be little higher temp?

Thanks in advance.

ame

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Ame! Infact most of the moss and plants can survive at 28-30 degree Celsius. You got to give them good water circulation and with a small fan it helps the water cool even faster. Especially for moss they like good water circulation, if your plant or moss did not move or swing slightly then most properly you got death spot. Alot of people misunderstood that moss like low light, in actual fact they like strong light, give them good CO2 and they flourish like nobody business. In Singapore, our temperature often hover around 28-33 degree celius, alot of people here use chiller, i dont, as i find that most of the plant and moss grow in Asia at this kind of temperature and they grow well here. Good circulation will also remove any debris that stay on the moss, so good circulation makes them healthy and bring nutrients to them. :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Beautiful tank, Blue. I'm green with envy. :biggrin:

regards,
Ravi

1 - 20 of 30 Posts