Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 26 gal. bow front with a Current USA lighting on top. It's the satellite series and running 2x65 watts. Is this too strong for my tank? I got some glosso and was wondering if 65 watts would be okay for it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've got pretty much the same steup. Except mine is a 28g bowfront. You WILL be using large amounts of ferts to keep the tank going and you may end up having some definciency issues like I did. Try keeping the second bulb on for only 3-5 hours in the middle of the photoperiod after you get your pressurized CO2 system. I think you'll have less algae during the startup period and still have great growth with any plant you choose.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm doing the same thing that botia dude has done. I too have a 28 gal bow front with a JBJ 2 x 65W fixture. I have the main bulb (front, with cooling fans running) on for 12 hours, then, in the middle of the day, around 3 pm, I run a second timer so that the second bulb kicks on for 6 hours. I currently have a coralife 50/50 bulb as the main, and a JBJ 6700K as the second. At first, I was running two 6700K bulbs all day and had big algae problems. I have since solved that and my plants are growing faster and healthier than ever, even with the 50/50. I do have to use lots of ferts and have bumped up Co2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.