Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 30 gallon tank running, i would like to add live plants to it
I tried before with two different type and they continously lost their leaves... i presumed that there was not enough light and had to remove them both
there are 7 harlequin rasboras, 2 common plecos, 2 dwarf gouramis inhabitaing the tank
I was wondering any suggestions for plant types? i would prefer a slow growing bushy plant for the harlequins?
as well the reasons for my previous plants losing their leaves?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome to APC.

We could help better if you tell us more about your tank. Lighting, Ph etc are very important. I would suggest reading as many of hte posts on this forum as you can and feel free to post any questions you might have. Use the "need help" template, located in the stickies at the top of the forum page.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
You might have trouble with any plants with 2 common Plec's in such a small tank. I would try to get them a new home since even one common would outgrow a 30 gallon very quickly; then you could take a look at the other factors for growing plants.

If you want some sort of Pleco in a tank that size there are a few different varieties that stay much smaller and would not bother your plants. :)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Welcome! You've come to the right place! Give us your tank specs as said above and im sure we can help you out! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.