Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this 37 gallon tank yesterday and the stand which was made for this
when i walk close to it it kinda vibrates and moves a water a bit

Im scared that its gonna break or something, I just bought this house l;ast month and will do a lot of damabe if it breaks

maybe im just paranoid
Cabinetry Fluid Rectangle Wood Gas

Please help me

·
Registered
12 Posts
If the floor shakes/moves, everything on the floor will shake/move as well regardless of how sturdy and well-built it is.

This is normal.

As long as the stand is fairly level and the tank is sitting flat against the stand top (no grains of sand underneath it by accident, etc) then you should be just fine.

Wood, and even engineered particle board (as long as it doesn't soak up moisture and swell) can support a ton of weight. 400lbs is nothing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
thank you, you did help my anxiety a bit,
still im getting fish tank insurenece just in case lol
Absolutely, insurance is essential.

If it helps further ease your anxiety, it looks like you have vinyl flooring. That stuff can be pulled up quite easily and quickly, and can even be put back with minimal billed labour after it's been removed.

What's underneath the floor? Is it just a basement? A ceiling repair is not extraordinarily complicated as long as you're only replacing/repairing drywall. Electrical work could be a costly punch to the gut, but it is what it is.

I find it helps to have some idea of just how bad the worst case scenario would actually be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
insurance is like $45 a month on TD bank

If there is a cheap one maybe $15 to $30 then ill get it

cant remove the floor, thistank is in my living room, basement is under it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can see the main laad bearing beams from the basement, its unfinsished but I cannot move the tank now
That is the only place i cloud put it at. Im also nervoudbecause we just bought the house 40 days ago for 700k and I don't want any damage

My mom who has kept fish tanks for 25 years told me its fine ,but im a little nervous
Ill try putting some wood plank behind the tank stand to me it more stable and also a safety strap

·
Registered
39 Posts
My tank is on the bottom floor, with a crawl space beneath that. I had a carpenter reinforce the floor under the tank.

While I was at it a plumber installed PVC pipes through the floor, making it easy to vacuum the tank and run the dirty water down the pipe and out via the crawl space.

If the space beneath your tank is heated, you could even set up a holding tank and pump fresh water up and into the tank after vacuuming and general maintenance.

Hope that gives you some options as you reinforce the tank supports.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought this 37 gallon tank yesterday and the stand which was made for this
when i walk close to it it kinda vibrates and moves a water a bit

Im scared that its gonna break or something, I just bought this house l;ast month and will do a lot of damabe if it breaks

maybe im just paranoid View attachment 74928

Please help me
The vibration is likely from the filter. Put some thin rubber or foam (maybe packing material) between all points where the filter contacts then tank, and see if it stops. Make sure that the filter angles slightly toward the tank so that if it overflows, the water will go into the tank and not out the back onto the stand/floor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts