Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
38Gal. Dutch Aquascape. Input is always welcome.

Flora.

Pogostemon Stellatus, Limnophilia Aquatica, Ludwigia Arcuata + Repens, Mayaca Fluviatallis, ammania Gracillis, Red Foxtail, Rotala Macrandra, Heteranthera Zosterfolia, Red Nesea, Didilpis Diandra, Bacopa Caroliniana, Ludwigia Glandulosa, Egeria Najas, Rotala Wallachii, Rotala Indica, Hygrphilia Difformis.

Fish.

90+ To many to list. LOL.

Equipment.
192 Watt 6700K Power Compact.
Rena Filstar XP2 Filter.
80# Eco Complete.

Dosing.
Flourish
Flourish Excell
Flourish Iron
Flourish Potassium

·
Registered
733 Posts
Wow. Beautiful tank. It's unbelievable that you have more than 90 fish in the 38-gal tank.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks you for the comment.

I went to the local fish store today. they had gotten in a very nice shipment of plants. I could not resist the temtation. So I bought some new plants. Ludwigia Ovalis and Myriophylum Tuberculatum. These new plants replaced my Ludwigia Glandulosa and my Rotala Wallichii. Here is a new pic of the tank with the new plants and a small trim.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Looks much better than before. I really like it. Nice color balance.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Looks great Tetra! It is too bad to got rid of the grandulosa; it is one of my favorite red plants, and would have stood out in your tank. Very clean and healthy plants with great groupings!

What are some of the fish species in there? I take it that you don't have 90 different species! :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I have Harlequin Rasboras, Neon Tetras, Ember Tetras, Glowlite Danios, Glowlite Tetras, Roundbarded Barbs, Botia Striatas, Cory Cats, Hummingbird Tetras, Whitefin Rosey Tetras, Rummynose Tetras, Green Fire Tetras, Otocinclus, SAE. That is all that I can think of off the top of my head. LOL.

Yes Excell is my only carbon source. I dose 10ml a day of it.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
WOW! I guess that you are never bored looking at your tank, huh? :D Very cool to have such a wide variety of species in there!

What is a Hummingbird Tetra? I've never heard of them before!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No never board. lol. There is always something going on. I ts like once ans a while I get a treat because ther are some fish I can go days or even weeks without seeing them and then they just suddenly appear surprize. lol. Here is a link to what the hummingbird Tetras is. http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_characidium.php
I really love these little guys. I have 2 of them and they actually hover in mid water with their fins goieng very fast. Gret personalities.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Thanks for the link, Tetra! Those hummingbirds are pretty neat, and I'll have to do some more research on them. They do look more like a darter than a tetra, but I like fish with some personality!

You don't have any problems with them being aggressive towards each other or fish, do you?

Also, what are you using as your foreground in your tank? Is that the Hygro?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No there is no problem with the Hummingbird tetras bothering anybody the are completely pieceful. The forground is Hygro Difformi.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow that is just awesome. Must be expensive every time you got to get more fertilizer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts