Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much comtemplation, finally decided to do a complete rescaping of my tank. Decided to use rocks as main theme.
After 7 hours of labour and a seriously strained back, the work is completed.
I found out that the hardest part is to get all the fishes out of the tank. Took me more than an hour just to do that.

Below are pictures of the new scape.

Most of the plants will need a few weeks to grow in. I will probably be doing some minor adjustments in 1-2 weeks time.
Any suggestions/comments how to improve on this?

I have been wondering whether it is better to remove the tiger lotus at the left corner. Quite unwilling to part with it as I have grown it from a small plantlet for 4 months and this is the only tank I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice job on the design.
I personally would like to see some type on long skinny plant behind the lotus. Maybe some vals!!
Great job though wil look nice when those forground plants creap in!!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Very nice. It looks like you are aiming for a triangular layout which slopes from one end and down to the other.

To form a better connection between the midground (rocks), foreground (sand, hairgrass, chain swords), and background (stem plants), I would use a bushy plant such as Rotala rotundifolia 'Green' or Heteranthera zosterifolia. These green stem plants would cascade from the back, over/around the rocks, and into the foreground.

Keep us updated!

Carlos

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, you read my mind. I planned to have a tri. layout from left bottom to right top. I do intend to have a midground plant between the lawn and the plants behind the rocks but have not made up my mind. There are a few stems of rotala "green" between the rocks on the left but definitely not sufficient.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Looks very nice... I like the rock layout.

Do you have any before pics?

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
goh... Thats a big difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.