Aquatic Plant Forum banner

40 gallon breeder light question

334 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  NYRkorey
As title says, for a 40 gallon breeder would a 36-48 46 watt fluval 3.0 be good for that tank? I currently run the 3.0s on my 125 and it works well, I wasn't sure if I would need 2 of these or would one work good for the tank?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I use the Fluval 3.0 for both of my "Planted Tanks" and they work very well. IMO, the 36" light will be fine, but depending on how you plant. From experience LED lights will not cover an 18" width (better at 12"-14"). You can either add another light, or leave the front part of your tank without plants and put the light strip further back.
Would a 20 gallon be better. I only got one light, would that do alot better then a 40 ide assume
I have a 36” Fluval 3.0 plant light on my 40 gallon breeder. I have gotten great coverage by raising the light about 5”. I used 2” square wood painted blackto make risers.

Attachments

See less See more
I have a 36” Fluval 3.0 plant light on my 40 gallon breeder. I have gotten great coverage by raising the light about 5”. I used 2” square wood painted blackto make risers.
What setting do you run for the fluval?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts