Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post :)

I just want some suggestion for a terrestial species for my new 40 gallon paludarium; The water is about 6 inches deep, the land is around 2 sqf.

I already have some red cherry shrimp, 6 mosquito rasbora, 4 chili rasbora and 4 emerald rasbora, I want to increase the nano rasbora community; but i need suggestion for an animal in the land part, some that don't eat the fish, maybe a dart frog or mantella, but I'm afraid of drowning, i put some scapes routes but im not sure.

Any suggestion :)

PD: Also I accept suggestion for plants, I'm already waiting for a bunch of java moss.
Attached is the photo of the paludarium.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Try some of the crabs from genus Geosesarma. Freshwater, same living requirements as PDFs & don't drown. They like to burrow. Get called "red devil" & " vampire." Good luck, I am jealous of your set up & opportunity. If I set up 1 more tank, I am single!!! :croc:

·
Super Moderator
5,791 Posts
You might try an oriental fire-bellied toad. They are among the easiest amphibians to keep. When I was considering dart frogs, my frog guru said that a set-up like yours had too much water for them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try some of the crabs from genus Geosesarma. Freshwater, same living requirements as PDFs & don't drown. They like to burrow. Get called "red devil" & " vampire." Good luck, I am jealous of your set up & opportunity. If I set up 1 more tank, I am single!!! :croc:
Thanks, I love this idea of the vampire crab.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might try an oriental fire-bellied toad. They are among the easiest amphibians to keep. When I was considering dart frogs, my frog guru said that a set-up like yours had too much water for them.
I already have firebelly toad in a different setup.

Thanks Michael

·
Registered
4 Posts
My salamander loves to eat cherry shrimp. I don't think there are many creatures out there that don't like to munch on them. Btw, your paludarium looks great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts