Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slowly adding in more green to balance out all the colors. Added Persicaria Glaba and Limnophila Wavy. Also got Myriophyllum mini Guyana but haven't found a place to plant it yet.

Lights: 2 16" NilocG Prizms ( Both channels 100%)
Filtration: 2 Eheim 2215's
Fertilizers: Ei dosing of kno3 and Kh2po4 for macros, custom micro mix from Joe Harvey
Co2: Boof levels we didn't think were possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Jerry, what are the two spiky green plants that look like mini agaves?
Thanks,
-Rich

BTW, BEAUTIFUL TANK!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Jerry, what are the two spiky green plants that look like mini agaves?
Thanks,
-Rich

BTW, BEAUTIFUL TANK!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The light green spiky one is an eriocaulon aquaticum
The darker green spiky one is an eriocaulon ratnagiricum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have the NilocG's on the rim of the tank using just a single bracket on each or do you also have some support from the top?

I have been toying with the idea of buying the 32" fixture versus 2 x 16" (going on a 36") tank.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have the NilocG's on the rim of the tank using just a single bracket on each or do you also have some support from the top?

I have been toying with the idea of buying the 32" fixture versus 2 x 16" (going on a 36") tank.
I have them hanging but with a bracket on each to keep them stable.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Work and family life have kept me from messing with my tanks much anymore. But I got some free time this weekend and consolidated. Hopefully I can keep them looking good.

I also have a 16g Waterbox that I decided to fill with buce. I’m using a 16” SB Freshwater light over it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm curious - why you didn't just go with one 36 inch black box (which i think would fit the 40B) ? Anyway very nice looking tank.
-
Also you have a dark purple plant that looks a little like a barclaya or purple aflame - what is that plant ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm curious - why you didn't just go with one 36 inch black box (which i think would fit the 40B) ? Anyway very nice looking tank.
-
Also you have a dark purple plant that looks a little like a barclaya or purple aflame - what is that plant ?
Went with smaller ones just in case I ever downsized. The purple plant is an aflame.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts