Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Very nicy, clean and simple. Love the fish. What are they? white clouds?
thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Beautiful rocks!!! I love the amazing simplicity of your truly beautiful tank! Great Job!!!

Very inspiring.

Could you give us some more detailed specs?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I love the rocks too. I wish I could find more of them.

Tank - AquaOne Mirage 40 (40cm)
Filter - Fluval 205
Heating - None
Lighting - 25w T5
Substrate - ADA AS Africana, ADA Sarawak Sand
Ferts - None
CO2 - Excel only (daily)
Plants - Java Moss
Fish/Inverts - Cherry Shrimp, White Cloud Minnows
Maintenance - Shifting bits around when I get bored, trimming moss every couple of weeks to keep the shape, 1/2 water change weekly using rain water

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DIY :D

I used the bracket off an old desk light we had, and screwed in a cut-to-size T8 reflector (until recently no T5 reflectors in UK) and T5 clips.

And yes I need to clean my Lily Pipes!!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use my 3x24w T5 luminaire, placed straight on top of the tank. It's about 1cm from the water. I'm using 2 8000k tubes and 1 6400k. The tank light gets turned to illuminate the white card background.

The camera is a Canon 350d, and I use the standard lens to get the wide angle (I don't have a wide angle lens yet). Camera was set to manual, ISO 200, Focal length around 25mm, aperture around f8, shutter around 1/50-1/60.

Then I balanced the hairdryer so it gives decent ripples, while juggling a black blanket to stop reflections and trying to take a photo!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just another shot, trying to get rid of the purple hue to the background. Used the normal tank light over the tank this time, with the 8000k luminare over the background. I think I preferred it at a wider angle with the ripples, so may try that tomorrow.

Tom

1 - 20 of 25 Posts