Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Texas. I love the shape of your driftwood, and plants are coming along nicely. Something kept bugging me about the arrangement as I looked at your pics, and I finally decided it might be too symmetrical with the wood in one direction and the rock pointing opposite. I know it's hard to work with a tank that can be viewed from so many angles, but I think it might look more dynamic if the hardscape weren't so centered and symmetrical. Just my 2 cents.....

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks turtle. this being my first time, i am just trying to get the plants to grow. they are mostly fast growing stems and once i get the tank more full of growth then ill work on the scape. ill put in some plants that i like the look of and some more foreground, probably E. tenellus. at that time ill think about the placement of wood, rocks, and plants more. there is also another rock in there that is good size but is nearly burried by the amazonia. it is there to act as a barrier so i could really change the level of the soil to much deeper in the back.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Your tank is looking great. I really like the foreground showing at 2.5 months, it increases the depth of the tank and seems to fit the size of the tank better.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
The glosso adds a lot and it looks like it's doing very well. Of course, all your plants look healthy and happy. Nice staggering of plant heights to make the tank feel bigger. I like the similar shapes of the stem plants while the size of the leaf whorls are different, it helps tie the background together but still creates interest.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts