Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 36"x12"x23" All-Glass 45g that I cleaned up and resealed. I also purchased a Fluval 304 can., and will be buying CO2 pressurized. Already found a shop to purchase a 10lb for $60.00 filled.

But, I don't know what would be best as far as lighting.
What kind of planting options would I have with one of these 2x39 Nova Extreme SLR T-5 Fixtures?

I'm a little worried what the wife would say if I spent even $100 on a lighting the "fish tank", but I think if I stay around that price I should be good.

Would I be able to maintain any high light plants? Think adding a 2nd unit down the road would be an option? That would leave me with about 1" for filter tubes.

Thoughts, suggestions welcome!

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Welcome to APC :D

I think that fixture would do well for low light to medium light plants. If you want to grow high light plants then you need to get 3+wpg, which would call for approx 135+watts.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Hi rkw01,
I have a 45 Tall also. I went with a AH Supply and did a DIY 96 watt compact fluorescent setup and can grow just about any plant except the groundcovers that require high light. By the time I bought the bulb (6700K) and the wood for the enclosure the total was about $100. Here is a link to AH Supply. http://www.ahsupply.com/96watt.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts