Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can tell, my name is Ben. I dont do typical tanks. I have been doing picos for a decade mainly reefs. I just switched over my last pico tank to a planted tank. I need something where im not changing water and pulling everything out once a week. Life has been to buisy. We lost 2 of the dogs we had in the past 4 months. My wifes sharpei about 4 months ago and my older cur aboit a month ago. We now have 2 beautiful aharpei puppies that are almost 6 months old. BUT YOUR HERE FOR THE TANKS LOL.

THIS TANKIS MY 5 gallon. I have had many issuesbut here is some time lapse pics. In the next post

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We are on our way in tge 2.5g. Once finished cycling im looking at 3 either mosquito rasborras or dwarf pencil fish. Also add either a few easy shrimp. Any other suggestions for fish or shrimp would be awsome.
Water Liquid Light Drinkware Purple

Liquid Purple Blue Fluid Water

Liquid Product Solution Fluid Oil

Liquid Fluid Finger Cosmetics Solution

Fluid Font Violet Material property Magenta

·
Registered
Two shrimp tanks and a patio pond.
98 Posts
I had those before. They took over the whole tank. I had to cull every few days it seemed. And then blocked the light to other plants. Might try again and just keep it to about 3 to 5. Lol.
Some people use a neat trick. I‘ve seen people put a ring of clear plastic tubing at the top of the tank to keep out floating plants. It leaves a “portal” for light to get to the bottom of your tank and keeps the floaters in check 👍
Plant Water Liquid Fluid Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have seen these with alot of shapes as well. But not sure how well since this is a single point light. AI Prime HD. I think even with opening it may shade some plants. I might float something in tank as experiment to see how the shading is.

·
Registered
Two shrimp tanks and a patio pond.
98 Posts
I have seen these with alot of shapes as well. But not sure how well since this is a single point light. AI Prime HD. I think even with opening it may shade some plants. I might float something in tank as experiment to see how the shading is.
You can make the surface area 50% or more. Light will get through.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts