·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
size: 5 gallons
substrate: laterite base with amazonia aquasoil over it
lighting: 13 watts
filtration: sponge filter

the hairgrass was grown emmersed for a couple of months before i filled it up and the tank is stocked with yellow shrimps.

august 08

september 08

november 08

january 09

added a crypt, spiralis, and moved stuff around. the tennellus has pretty much died. rasbora maculata was recently added but aren't doing so well in that tank.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Hi mattventure,

First of all I see this is your first post, welcome to APC! Nice setup, I like how you positioned your hardscape. It looks like it is still fairly new, lI ook forward to seeing it when it fills in.....please keep us updated

·
Registered
121 Posts
I suggest you turn off your flash on the camera. The illumination from the tank's light should be plenty of light for the photo.

Do you have any ideas as to why the rasboras are not doing well? How can you tell they are not?

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you can't get a good picture by turning off the flash of our camera, here is a hint my son showed me lastnight, use a coffee filter shading your flash. I tried covering up the flash and it didn't work as well as shading it. I need about 1000 more hours of practice he says.
Your tanks look great and I really like your shrimp.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Sorry about your rasboras. Wonder what happened? I have these guys and they are pretty hardy.

I think your tank will look nice as it fills in. Welcome to APC! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i totally don't know how to edit posts but here is a pic from april of 2009

i added some japanese rotala and a few new crypts and since the pic i also added potamageton gayii in the back.

·
Registered
281 Posts
A lot of growth, good job. Dwarf HG is growing in nicely as well.

Your javamoss looks cool too, I like how it kind of hangs over like it does.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is really a nice little tank. I've been wanting to put something similar in my office as a breeder tank for shrimp.

Just wondering: Do you inject any CO2? What kind of water change and fertilization schedule do you follow?

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts