1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
size: 5 gallons
substrate: laterite base with amazonia aquasoil over it
lighting: 13 watts
filtration: sponge filter

the hairgrass was grown emmersed for a couple of months before i filled it up and the tank is stocked with yellow shrimps.

august 08

september 08

november 08

january 09

added a crypt, spiralis, and moved stuff around. the tennellus has pretty much died. rasbora maculata was recently added but aren't doing so well in that tank.

· Registered
5,320 Posts
Hi mattventure,

First of all I see this is your first post, welcome to APC! Nice setup, I like how you positioned your hardscape. It looks like it is still fairly new, lI ook forward to seeing it when it fills in.....please keep us updated

· Registered
113 Posts
If you can't get a good picture by turning off the flash of our camera, here is a hint my son showed me lastnight, use a coffee filter shading your flash. I tried covering up the flash and it didn't work as well as shading it. I need about 1000 more hours of practice he says.
Your tanks look great and I really like your shrimp.

· Registered
6 Posts
This is really a nice little tank. I've been wanting to put something similar in my office as a breeder tank for shrimp.

Just wondering: Do you inject any CO2? What kind of water change and fertilization schedule do you follow?

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.