Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are a few shots of my 50 gallon tank. I know they are dark but you can kind of tell what's going on in there. When I figure out how to use the camera I will take some better shots. There are 2 otos, some CRS, some CBS, a bunch of cherries, and some amanos.

This is a shot of the front
Plant Plant community Vertebrate Terrestrial plant Natural landscape

Here is another
Plant Water Plant community Pet supply Terrestrial plant

Here is a close up of the left side
Plant Plant community Vertebrate Natural landscape Organism

The front right
Plant Green Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Arecales

CRS and some friends
Plant Terrestrial plant Organism Grass Forest

Enjoy!

By the way, has anyone seen anyone else using this avitar? I think that I have seen it being used by someone here but I could be mistaken.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
That's a really great looking scape you've got going there.

·
Registered
131 Posts
What are the specs of your tank. Tank dimensions/filter/co2/fert/light? What type of tank is that, I like the rounded corners, it seems that the tank is a taller tank rather than a long tank.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The specs on the tank are:
50 gallon 30"x15"x20" Sea Clear acrylic with lots of scratches (it was free)
JBJ pressurized CO2 injection at 2bpm
2x96 watt Current CFL
Fluval 405 and 205
Current 1/10 chiller

Substrate
4" of Eco complete and 2" of ADA Amazonia 2
I know that 6" is a lot but my eco complete was from the "bad batch" so I went to the ADA soil
as a topper, plus I wanted to lower my ph.

Lava Rock
There is driftwood on the right that is covered by the ferns and moss

Plants
Riccia
Java fern
Ludwigia Repens
HM on right
HC on left
Downoi
Lace fern
Wisteria
Flame moss
Java Moss
Cryptocoryne wendtii red/ green
String algae:rolleyes:
and some other stem plant that I don't remember the name of

Shrimp
Lots of CRS, CBS, Cherries, and Amano

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The pics that I posted earlier are a bit dark. These ones are lighter but a bit blue.

The female cherries are driving the males nuts again.

I took out all of the stems and kept most of the plants from the original layout. I did add an erio that I got in a trade.

Crystal Red Shrimp

·
Registered
84 Posts
maybe it's the angle or the refraction, but is the piece of driftwood on the right almost touching the front glass? In more pictures than not *to me* it takes a bit away from the rest of the hardscape.

my $.02 (which honestly isn't even worth that since I've never posted a tank on here lol)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
maybe it's the angle or the refraction, but is the piece of driftwood on the right almost touching the front glass? In more pictures than not *to me* it takes a bit away from the rest of the hardscape.

my $.02 (which honestly isn't even worth that since I've never posted a tank on here lol)
I kind of agree. I will see what it would look like moved to the piece behind it. I haven't quite yet got the placement in a way that completely satisfies me. My arms are constantly wet from moving the pieces.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts